Sunday 24 May 2015

3 Months to go until the Tenby Long Course Weekend

I honestly don't recall how I come to be booked in for these masochistic events. All I know is that in 3 months time I'll be subjecting myself to the longest cycle I've ever done and my very first marathon on the SAME WEEKEND, of course with a light 2.4 mile warm up swim the day before, making this an Iron Man of sorts. 

I've realised I don't know much about the event or the terrain so, as I write this, I'm on the website freakforming myself (a mixture of informing and freaking out!) My eyes landed on this paragraph and my heart shot up into my mouth- good job I'm about to go for a run; I now have a lot of adrenaline to get rid of!

More than 7000 competitors have attempted the difficult terrain and challenging weather conditions on this punishing route since its first race in 2010. Of last year’s 200 Long Course Weekend athletes, only around half could manage to cross the finish line and collect the final piece of the event’s unique medal design.

But do you know what I'm thinking? NO WAY IN HELL am I going to be amongst that 50% that give up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment